Sunday, May 10, 2009

Morning Routine

I don’t function well with out organization and structure in my life. I’ve found that in our home when mommy’s not functioning the day doesn’t run smoothly. Each morning I get up before the children and prepare juice and cut up and peel apples for them. After all 4 are up and comfortable in the living room I hand out the juice and apples so they are occupied and quiet while we do our “morning routine” which includes the following:

Calendar
Child of the day
Talk about the day’s agenda
Read a scripture that goes with our monthly theme (this month it’s gifts and talents)
Read and discuss an article out of our churches children’s magazine
Memorize scriptures
Have family prayer
Choose chore responsibilities for the day

We break for getting dressed and making beds while I get breakfast prepared. Ahh, the day is off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment